Just Life

Monday, September 25, 2006

September 25, 2006

Things are crazy with the city clerk’s office after what happened on Thursday night. I went to the clerk’s office Friday afternoon to pick up a tape and Jane said that she had been on the phone with Carla for about an hour discussing this. And she is planning to talk to the city manager about it. Then the Mayor came by and he apologized for what happened and said he talked with a few of the other councilmembers after the meeting about it. The councilmember that caused all problems is very disliked among the staff and even the Mayor. And I found out it isn’t the first time that he caused someone to quit. Jane said that he could be sanctioned publicly, but that is really all that can be done. I said I would be willing to do the other city meetings but not the City Council meetings. Jane also said she was livid about it all. It made her look bad too since she is in charge of meeting minutes. I never thought about how it affected her. I spent about 45 minutes talking to Jane, the Mayor and other clerk staff and NO ONE likes the councilmember. It was basically a bash councilmember session. After I talked to Jane and the Mayor I called Carla. She was very upset that this happened. It happened before and she thought the city had taken care to make sure it didn’t happen again. She was so upset that she told the city she was going to pull the account. Meaning the city wouldn’t have anyone to take minutes. I don’t know what will happen. I will probably hear from Jane or Carla this week as they try to work things out. I know that even if the councilmember apologizes to me or publicly I won’t go back the council meetings.

I went to Taylor’s cross country meeting on Saturday. It was rainy, windy and chilly. Not ideal weather, but I’m glad I went. It was nice to see her. She is growing up so quickly. She did great too. I would like to go to more meets, but most are too far away.

Our bed isn’t getting any better. We put a board over the box spring for more support and I’ve slept worse since then. It’s only been 2 days, so maybe it will get better. I hope so, but I’m thinking it’s not going to work out the way we had hoped.

Our house is such a mess. I really need to work on it. I should make a point to clean up one small part each night after work. I’ll try to, but I’m usually so tired after work that I don’t want to do anything when I get home. Sleeping poorly and getting used to working again are taking its toll on me. Exercise would help.

Work is still going good. I need more work to keep me busy, but it will come soon I hope. I should have all my accesses this week. I have a project management tool training today and a couple of meetings that should give me more work to do. I’m hoping to work longer hours during week (only 30-45 minutes) so I can leave early on Friday. Although I’m a contractor so I could leave early if wanted to anyway. I thought about working only 36 hours, but 4 hours of time is $147 which over time will add up so I don’t want to lose that. I want to be able to save as much as I can so that the time in between assignments won’t be a hardship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home