Just Life

Monday, September 18, 2006

September 18, 2006

Our new bed sucks so far. I wake up stiff and tired. Rob doesn’t like it either. The instructions say to sleep on it for 2 weeks to adjust to it. 2 weeks is a long time to wait for a good nights sleep, but I sure hope it happens. It would be a drag to have to return it.

My job is going well. I still don’t have enough to do because they don’t have my contractor ID set up and without that ID I can’t get access to the tools I need to do a lot of the tasks. I’m trying to learn Macros and Visual Basic which I think will help me get other assignments in the future.

It’s tough to wake early these days. I even bought an alarm clock. I haven’t used an alarm clock in many years. I want to get up early on Tuesdays and Thursdays to ride the spin bike. I also plan to ride the bike on Saturday and Sunday. The other days I will do a work out on the ball and/or use our weight bench after work.

I talked to Melinda this weekend. She is doing good health wise, which is good news. We didn’t talk to long. It was sort of an uncomfortable conversation. I would like to see Jessa. I suggested meeting for lunch some Saturday, but she suggested that I come over some night after work to catch up. We need to schedule something. I’ve been enjoying my walks with Pat. I need to get together with Chrisanna too. I can’t believe that I was off for 7 weeks and didn’t once see her. I think I even talked to her less when I was off. I would love to have a brunch with CC, Melinda, Beth, Jessa and Dana. I sent a note a couple weeks ago to Melinda and Beth asking for dates, but didn’t hear back from either of them. I could plan something with Dana, Nellie and Jessa. Rob has suggested having some of his married friends over for supper too. I like to entertain.

Rob was planning to go hiking with Jon, but now I’m totally against it. He bought a gun and there is something about him that gives me a creepy feeling knowing he owns a gun. I have always liked him and thought he was a nice guy, but the gun thing…creepy!

I want need to join WW again. I was hoping there might be a meeting near work I could go to, but I didn’t find one on the website. I feel really fat and out of shape. I am fat and out of shape. I’ve gained 20 pounds since April!!!! That is a ridiculous amount of weight to gain in 4 ½ months. I was thinking of seeing if Pat would like to go to a meeting with me after our walk on Saturday mornings. I know she wants to rejoin, but she may go to the meetings at her work.

There were really bad storms on Saturday night and tornados hit in Rogers and destroyed at least 50 homes and damaged 400 others. If I wasn’t working I would have volunteered to help there this week. There was a tornado warning in Anoka County too, but I didn’t hear of any damage and we just had some wind and rain.

My goals this week are to count points, ride the spin bike 3 times for at least 30 minutes, one weight lifting session and one ball session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home