Just Life

Friday, September 22, 2006

September 22, 2006

Last night at my PT job as recording secretary for the city one of the council members, who I dislike because of his arrogance and his ability to talk down to everyone, stated in the workshop meeting that he felt the meeting notes were to vague. I was immediately annoyed because it was him, but after talking with the city clerk I was going to forget it. She said he complains about everyone and he’s a jerk. Then in the actual council meeting that is televised and attended by the public, after he stated after the dozen of corrections that he wanted made, he said to the public, “in case you’re wondering about all of these changes, we have a new note taker, who is still learning to do the job”. I was incensed. There was no reason to do that except to make himself not look so nitpicky and pompous for requesting a dozen changes when no one else had any changes. I SOOOO badly wanted to slam my computer closed and walk out while flipping him off. Instead I wrote many bad things about him for the first 15 minutes. And I wished many bad things on him as well, diarrhea, flat tires, a fire in his house, more flat tires…I was mad.

Pat asked me to go on a girl’s only retreat to Wisconsin. It’s something that WIN organizes and this will be the 3rd year. I wanted to go last year but something conflicted with the timing. I may go this year.

Tomorrow I’m going to watch Taylor at her cross country meet. It’s supposed to be rainy and cold, but I told her I would come so I will no matter the weather. I’m going to make some cookies and bars for her too. Last year I made cookies and brought granola and cereal bars too. Elizabeth told me that when she mentioned to her that I was coming, Taylor said “cool, last year she brought food, lots of food”. So I guess she is okay with me bringing treats. I thought she might be embarrassed by it.

I really don’t want to be at work today. It’s not the job or the people, but its Friday and it’s dreary, rainy and cold. A day to be home watching TV and snacking on popcorn or cheetos. I’m looking forward to the weekend. Its busy tomorrow but Sunday I can sleep late, read the paper, watch football, nap and basically do nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home